INSTRUCTIONS FOR PLACING WANT ADS
Send your ad submissions to email@example.com Please use something like the following for your ad:
1928 Garwood, triple cockpit, in storage since 1946,
only driven by my grandmother on the 4th of July. Original V-12. Best offer
over $500. Located in Seattle. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 02/19/22
Please read the following notes. Submissions which do not follow the correct
format will be ignored.
- Ads are free whether you are a member of the ACBS or not. However, we would
be very pleased if you join! See membership information
on this site.
- This resource is intended for antique and classic boats. For the purposes
of simplicity, pre-1970 are welcome. Later boats are welcome if they are replicas
of earlier designs. Pre-1970 fiberglass boats are welcome.
- It is solely the choice of the website coordinator as to what is appropriate
- I would appreciate it if you do not use quotation marks or ampersands (An
ampersand is: &). These marks require a bit of coding.
- Your ad will take up to two weeks to appear. New ads are appended to end
of each section. E-mail me if you
don't see it after that time.
- Do NOT ask me to telephone you long distance to talk about your ad! (?!!!)
- Please notify me if your boat has been sold or if any other conditions have
- Please date your ad. Boats can take a long time to sell. Currently the ads
are up roughly a year.
- It's good idea to let people know where you are located. A prospective buyer
may only be interested in boats nearby. Also, let people know what time zone
you are in if you are only available at a certain time.
- Try to make your ad copy as close as possible to newspaper classified form.
Please be concise. DO NOT use all caps. Your ad should just need to be copied
and then pasted into the web page. Include your e-mail address in the body
of your message. Don't make me extract it from the message header!
- These want-ads are provided as a free service to the antique boating community.
You understand that we have no way of ascertaining the veracity of any claim
in any advertisement. We do not warrant the merchantability of any item or
service offered here. You agree that Pat Ford, Criterion Web Services, the
Pacific Northwest Chapter ACBS, nor the International ACBS will not be held
liable for any errors or omissions.