INSTRUCTIONS FOR PLACING WANT ADS
Send your ad submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use something like the following for your ad:
1928 Garwood, triple cockpit, in storage since 1946,
only driven by my grandmother on the 4th of July. Original V-12. Best offer
over $500. Located in Seattle. E-mail: email@example.com 02/19/09
Please read the following notes completely!! Submissions which do not follow
the correct format will be ignored!!!
- Ads are free whether you are a member of the ACBS or not. However, we would
be very pleased if you join! See membership information
on this site.
- Members of the PNW Chapter: You can send in pictures of your boat or other
items; I will make a page for your boat and link to it from classified listings.
I will also create a thumbnail image for the listing page. It is best to e-mail
images and text. If this is not possible, you can send images via mail to
Ford, 2442 Market NW, #132, Seattle, WA 98107. If you want pictures back include
postage. Send ad copy via mail on a floppy in MS Word format or in text.
- Unless you are a member of our chapter, I cannot furnish space on the club's
server for your pictures or other graphics. However, in your ad you may link
to your own web site to advertise your boat. You can also include HTML mark-up
for mailto and other simple links.
- This resource is intended for antique and classic boats. For the purposes
of simplicity, pre-1970 are welcome. Later boats are welcome if they are replicas
of earlier designs. Pre-1970 fiberglass boats are welcome.
- It is solely the choice of the website coordinator as to what is appropriate
- I would appreciate it if you do not use quotation marks or ampersands (An
ampersand is: &). These marks require a bit of coding.
- Your ad will take up to two weeks to appear. New ads are appended to end
of each section. E-mail me if you
don't see it after that time.
- Do NOT ask me to telephone you long distance to talk about your ad! (?!!!)
- Please notify me if your boat has been sold or if any other conditions have
- Please date your ad. Boats can take a long time to sell. Currently the ads
are up roughly a year.
- If you are searching for information on your project, you may want to use
our Discussion Board area as well as
- It's good idea to let people know where you are located. A prospective buyer
may only be interested in boats nearby. Also, let people know what time zone
you are in if you are only available at a certain time.
- PLEASE!! Try to make your ad copy as close as possible to newspaper classified
form. Please be concise. DO NOT use all caps. Your ad should just need to
be copied and then pasted into the web page. Include your e-mail address in
the body of your message. Don't make me extract it from the message header!
- Send your ad copy or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are scam artists working collector want-ad web sites. They work by
sending you money order or other instrument; the amount offered is more than
the cost of your item. You are requested to send the excess to "buyer."
You thus lose your item and the amount you send them. Generally these requests
are from overseas. Be careful. Have your bank authenticate any payment if
there is any doubt.
- These want-ads are provided as a free service to the antique boating community.
You understand that we have no way of ascertaining the veracity of any claim
in any advertisement. We do not warrant the merchantability of any item or
service offered here. You agree that Pat Ford, Criterion Web Services, the
Pacific Northwest Chapter ACBS, nor the International ACBS will not be held
liable for any errors or omissions.